Shakari Publications, including all of its features and content and related or commonly-owned or controlled websites (“ Website ”), is a service made available by (Website Link), a public benefit corporation that provides independently owned booksellers, industry partners, and competitive to that of major retailers.
Quick Guide to Contents
2. What Information Shakari Publications Collects and Receives
3. How Shakari Publications Uses the Information It Collects
4. How Shakari Publications Shares the Information It Collects
5. Contact Us
What Information Shakari Publications Collects and Receives
For you to use the Website, Shakari Publications needs to collect and process certain information, which depending on how you use the Website, may include the following.
Information You Provide
Shakari Publications collects the information you provide by using the Website, such as when
• Users complete forms on or through the Website or subscribe to our newsletters or emails. The information you provide may include your name, email address, mailing address, or telephone number.
• Request through the Website. Shakari Publications offers products for sale through the Website, and Shakari Publications will need to collect and use information such as your name, mailing address, billing address, email address, telephone number, and payment information to process these requests.
• Communicate with Shakari Publications such as when you request support, submit comments or questions, or report a problem to Shakari Publications.
Information Automatically Collected
Shakari Publications also automatically or passively collects information that relates to your usage of the Website or that is necessary for the proper functioning or improvement of the Website, including:
• Times and dates and the extent of your usage of the Website.
• Time zone, language, screen resolution, and other user preferences you select when using the Website.
• Device keyboard settings.
• Usage history such as areas and pages within the Website that you access or use and/or which buttons on the Website you click on.
• The search terms you entered into a search engine may have led you to the Website.
• The Internet service provider (ISP) or mobile platform you use.
• Other device and Website access information such as your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, referring/exit pages, and other unique device identifiers.
Shakari Publications also collects and maintains aggregated, anonymized, or pseudonymized information to protect the safety and security of the Website, improve the Website, or comply with its legal obligations.
How Shakari Publications Uses the Information It Collects
Shakari Publications uses the information it collects from and about you for the following purposes:
• To enable Shakari Publications to provide you and other Users with the Website, and to improve, protect, and promote the Website and Services;
• To address inquiries and respond to customer service requests, questions, and feedback;
• To contact you with newsletters, offers, promotions, and other product specials or to customize your experience on the Website;
• To track and analyze the use of the Website and Shakari Publications services, such as to identify trends, conduct data analysis, and determine the effectiveness of marketing and promotion efforts, and other service offerings, so that Shakari Publications can improve its performance and provide Users with the best experience possible;
• For other purposes that Shakari Publications believes are necessary to protect its rights and the rights of others, or as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
How Shakari Publications Shares the Information It Collects
Shakari Publications may share the information it collects from and about you in the following ways
Shakari Publications may share your information with certain service providers to help provide, improve, promote, or protect the Website, process payments, or manage ads on other websites. Shakari Publications requires those service providers to use your information only for the purposes Shakari Publications has authorized and protect your personal information at least to the same standards as Shakari Publications does.
Legal Matters; Safety
Shakari Publications reserves the right to disclose information Shakari Publications collects from or about you when doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect the legal rights, property, or the safety of Shakari Publications, Users, or others.
Sale or Transfer of Assets
In the event that Shakari Publications is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or sells all or substantially all of its assets, Shakari Publications reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information it has collected from and about Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, Shakari Publications may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Aggregate or Anonymous Information
Shakari Publications may also share information that is aggregated or anonymized in a way that does not directly identify you.